The Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) is an independent charity dedicated to breaking the link between family income and educational achievement.
We aim to:
- raise the attainment of 3-18 year-olds, particularly those facing disadvantage;
- develop their essential life skills; and
- prepare young people for the world of work and further study.
We do this by:
- summarising the best available evidence in plain language for busy, time-poor teachers and senior leaders, and providing practical tools to make use of this evidence;
- generating new evidence of ‘what works’ to improve teaching and learning, funding independent evaluations of high-potential projects; and then
- supporting schools, as well as early years and post-16 settings, across the country in using this evidence to achieve the maximum possible benefit for young people.